How To make chicken Hariyali/Green Chicken
Today step by step I will share How To make chicken Hariyali which is very healthy and delectable. we should always use little oil or no oil whichever may be, and always try to make a healthy as well as tasty so that it will not harm our body. Here in chicken Hariyali, (GREEN CHICKEN) thick gravy of sour spinach is healthy and yummy gravy, the addition of mint and coriander leaves make it much healthier. As there is very less oil used it can also be a recipe for diabetic as well as heart patients also.
Tok Palong/Sour Spinach, also known as Khatta Palak in Hindi is a few unconventional veggies that are ignored in general. These are very nutritious and don’t require extra care for their growth. In West Bengal, it is available in plenty
Sour Spinach is the richest both soluble and non-soluble fiber and vitamin C
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
500 grams of chicken cut into medium pieces
1/2 cup sour spinach(tok palang)
1 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1cup spring onion
2 green chili
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 tbsp coriander,cumin & turmeric powder.
Salt to taste
How to cook chicken Haryali(GREEN CHICKEN)
Wash and marinate the chicken pieces with curd, salt, and turmeric powder for 20 minutes.
blend spinach, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and chili to a smooth paste. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large pot, and add coriander, cumin & dry chili & fry for a few seconds.
Add chicken and ginger garlic paste & saute for 2 minutes.
Now add the green paste, mix it & cook for 3-4 minutes
Add 1/2 cup of water and cover the pot with a lid.
Cook for another 10 minutes, and then remove the lid & cook until you see the oil separating from the curry. Garnish with mint leaves
Serve with nan or rice.
Conclusion: It’s a very easy and simple dish, you can try it at a picnic or at any gathering. If sour spinach is not available, you can use normal spinach with two tomatoes.
Nutrition:277 Cal,9g Carbs,9g Fat,30g Protein for 1 serving
How to Make chicken Hariyali
- A kadai or a fry pan
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup sour spinach(tok palang)
- 500 Chicken
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chili
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Wash and marinate the chicken pieces with curd, salt and turmeric powder for 20 minutes.
- blend spinach, coriander leaves, mint leaves and chili to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot, and add coriander ,cumin & dry chili & fry for few second.
- Add chicken and ginger garlic paste & saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the green paste,mix it & cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, and then remove the lid & cook until you see the oil separating from the curry.Garnish with mint leaves
- Serve with nan or rice.