Kanchakalar Khosha Bata | Raw Banana Peel Chutney
Kanchakalar Khosha Bata | Raw Banana Peel Chutney is a popular and traditional Bengali dish that is made from raw banana peels. In village side people are still preparing almost daily with their launch. Because it is very cheap and easily available in village side as almost every house is planting banana trees. we are preparing banana peels cooked with ginger, green chilies and red salt.
Raw Banana Peel Chutney is very nutritious and packed with different minerals. Banana peels are usually served cooked, boiled or fried. They are not as sweet as banana flesh.
- 2 Raw Banana
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 Green Chili
- Salt , to taste
Ingredients for seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon panchphoron (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni)
- 1 dry Red Chillies
how to make kanchakalar-khosha-bata-raw-banana-peel-chutney
- Wash and put In a pressure cooker, add a pinch of salt and boil the bananas
- Cool it off after taking out the skin and blend it in mixer with chopped green chilies, ginger, and a pinch of salt.
- Add very little water, just enough to set the mixer blades in motion. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- In a small pan add mustard oil. Add panchphoron and dry red chilies once the oil is heated. Sauté on medium flame until the red chilies are roasted and browned. Now add the peel paste and sauté on low heat for 2-3.
- Serve the delicious Kanchakolar Khosha bata with hot steamed rice.