How to make Chicken curry with coconut
The spiced marinated chicken pieces are fried and then simmered in thick gravy made with coconuts, tomatoes and ginger and finished in a warm, spicy, cumin laced sauce; this is How to make Chicken curry with coconut
Ingredients of Chicken curry with coconut
- Chicken -half kg
- Coconut-1/4th of a medium size
- Onion -two bigger
- potato-one medium size(optional)
- Ginger garlic paste-two tablespoon (fresh grind)
- Tomato- two medium size
- Oil-2 teaspoon
- Green chili -three
- Red chili powder –half table spoon
- Turmeric, coriander, and cumin powder-one tablespoon each
- garam masala -1 /2 teaspoon
- salt to taste
method of preparing
Chicken curry with coconut
- Marinate the chicken with curd, ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, and salt and keep it for at least 15 minutes, if you can keep it more than an hour, it will be best.
- Take a pan/kadai, heat oil, and fry the onion (sliced), and allow it to cool in room temperature for blending.
- Put the chicken pieces & fry them for 5 minutes on both sides in the same oil.
- Take a grinder and mix coconut, fried onions, and tomatoes and make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste (and fried potato which is optional) with chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now you can add the turmeric powder, coriander, and cumin powder and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- After cooking for 5 minutes, add some (1/2 cup) water to boil properly, it takes around another 5 minutes in medium flame with cover.
- Open the cover after 5 minutes and check whether the chicken pieces are boiled properly or not.
- Then switch off the burner,add garam masala
- Serve hot with naan.