How to make Chicken curry with coconut
The spiced marinated chicken pieces are fried and then simmered in thick gravy made with coconuts, tomatoes and ginger and finished in a warm, spicy, cumin laced sauce; this is How to make Chicken curry with coconut
Ingredients of Chicken curry with coconut
- Chicken -half kg
- Coconut-1/4th of a medium size
- Onion -two bigger
- potato-one medium size(optional)
- Ginger garlic paste-two table spoon (fresh grind)
- Tomato- two medium size
- Oil-2 teaspoon
- Green chili -three
- Red chili powder –half table spoon
- Turmeric, coriander and cumin powder-one table spoon each
- garam masala -1 /2 tea spoon
- salt to taste
method of preparing
Chicken curry with coconut
- Marinate the chicken with curd, ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt and keep it for least 15 minutes,if you can keep more than an hour,it will be best.
- Take a pan / kadai, heat oil and fry the onion (sliced) and allow it to cool in room temperature for blending.
- Put the chicken pieces & fry it for 5 minutes in both the side in the same oil.
- Take a grinder and mix coconut, fried onions, tomatoes and make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste (and fried potato which is optional) with chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now you can add the turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- After cooking for 5 minutes, add some (1/2 cup) water to boil properly, it takes around another 5 minutes in medium flame with cover.
- Open the cover after 5 minutes and check the chicken pieces are boiled properly or not.
- Then switch off the burner ,add garam masala
- Serve hot with naan.