how to make chingrir bhuna khichuri/prawn Polenta
Now full-fledged rainy season is on in West Bengal, so if we not cook khichuri/polenta, then we will surely miss the opportunity to enjoy the wet season fully. So it’s the time to enjoy khichuri with fried fish or vegetables. After frying prawn and other vegetables and mixing with bhuna rice and dal/lentils,this is how to make chingrir bhuna khichuri/prawn Polenta
- Mustard Oil 2 tablespoons
- pure Ghee 3+1 tablespoons
- Bay leaf 1 large
- Green chilies 2
- red chili 1
- paste of ginger 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Potol(pointed gourd)-4
- Brinjal-1 small
- Onion -01 (sliced)
- Shrimp 200grams
- Govindobhog rice(a special type of scented rice available in Bengal 3/4 cup
- cholar Dal+biulir dal+musurir dal – 1 cup(Bengal gram lentil+ white lentils+ red lentil)
how to make prawn Polenta/chingrir bhuna khichuri
- First wash and rub the prawns with turmeric powder and salt.
- Wash the rice and dals(lentils)
- Take a pan/kadai, heat oil and fry the prawns, keep aside.
- Now add ghee in a pan add cumin and red chili for tempering.
- As they splutter and sizzle add onions and followed by pointed gourd ,brinjal and fry it for 2 minutes then add ginger paste.
- Now add all the spices e.g. turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Mix it well and add washed rice and dal(lentils) and cook for 2-3 minutes then add water (about 4 cups ), salt and cover the lid in medium flame.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and add fried prawns, mix it and again cover the lid.
- After 15 minutes open the lid and check the rice and dal is boiled or not ,it should be little sticky consistency then put off the flame.
- Now take a coal and burn it in a burner. Put the burnt coal piece in a small pot and place it in the khichuri, adding little oil or ghee and cover it for 5 minutes.
- Let the smoke cover the khichuri and give a burnt flavor
- Open the lid, add ghee, mix it well and your khichuri/ Polenta is ready to serve.