How to make delicious peper plastic chutney
Peper plastic chutney is nothing but raw papaya chutney, in Bengal it says plastic due to its consistency becomes like a plastic after boiling in sugar syrup. It is totally a sweet chutney, not having a slight sourness like amrar(wild mango) chutney and amer(raw mango) chutney. The papaya pieces are cut into very small and thin slices, and then boil in sugar syrup for sufficient time; this is How to make delicious peper plastic chutney/Raw papaya sweet chutney.
Author: Abhijit Mukhopadhyay
Course: sweet chutney
Level of Cooking: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons
- Kacha Pepe(Raw Papaya) /cut into small chips-2 cups
- Salt -1/4th tsp
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Lime Juice -2 tsp
- Raisins 12-15
- Water -2 cup
How to make delicious peper plastic chutney:
- First peel the raw papaya and scoop out the seeds.
- Now with the help of a sharp knife, cut the papaya into very small and thin pieces, as thin as possible. Wash the papaya chips and keep them aside.
- Now take a wok, pour sugar in it, then add water and start heating it.
- When the water starts boiling, drop the papaya chips into the wok, stir it for 2 minutes.
- Add salt. Combine everything well and cover the pan. Let it cook for at least 20 minutes or until the papaya become transparent.
- After 20 minutes, open the lead and check the consistency.
- Add raisins and cover the pan again, cook for another 8- 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Finally, Squeeze a lime and stir it for 2-3 minutes. The consistency should be like transparent jam.
- Switch off the flame; allow it to cool in room temperature.
- Serve it cool.