How to make macher mathar chorchori
We Bengalis are so fish lover that we are trying to put fish in every recipe, and also turn a veg recipe to a non-veg recipe. Now how to make macher mathar chorchori is nothing but adding fish head in proper way with a mixed veg consists of pumpkin, malabar spinach or puin saag, borboti or green beans, radish and pointed gourd to make delicious dry curry of fish head.
- 100gm pumpkin – peeled and cubed
- 1 large fleshy fish head
- Oil 3 table spoon (mustard oil)
- Ginger paste -01 tspoon
- Radish -01
- Potato-01 medium
- Pointed gourd-02(bigger)or 04(medium)
- Borboti(200 gm)(green bean)
- Puin saag(200 gm)(Malabar spinach)
- panch phoron-1/2 t spoon (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni
- turmeric powder 2 tsp
- 2 green chilies – silted
- mustard oil 2 tbsp
- cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Method of makeing macher mathar chorchori
- Take 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt and rub properly the fish heads& keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan /kadai and fry the fish heads, until they turn to light brown in color & keep aside.
- In the same oil temper with panch phoron.
- When it splutters and sizzles add all the cut vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add ginger paste turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and cook for two minutes then add the fish head and break it with the help of spatula.
- After cooking with fish head put salt then pour some water(1/3 cup) and cover the lid
- Uncover, add a pinch of garam masala, silted green chilies and take out from the flame and put the lid.
- Allow it to stay for 5 minutes then serve hot with steam rice and dal.