Juicy Bengali steamed fish/ Bhapa rui recipe
This(Juicy Bengali steamed fish/ Bhapa rui recipe) is a Traditional Bengali Fish recipe In Bengali Bhapa means steamed, but not simply steam , we mixed with the fish with tangy and spicy smooth paste of mainly mustard and poppy seeds, and make it delecious.
Ingredients of bhapa rui
- 6 pieces Rui fish
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Ginger 1 inch
- Salt to taste
- 100 grams Curd (if curd is readily not available then you can use tamarind)
- Mustard oil 3 table spoon
- Poppy seeds one tspoon
- 4 Green chili
- Onion (Chopped)-one (optional, if you don’t like need not to add)
- 2 tsp Mustard seed
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
method of preparing Bengali steamed fish/ Bhapa rui recipe
- Marinate the fish pieces with half tsp turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside.
- In a blender make a smooth paste of poppy seed and mustard with ginger and green chili and keep aside
- Heat a pan, add mustard oil, and then fry the fish. Keep aside.(you should not fry more)
- Take a big bowl with lid(ensure that no water should go inside while steaming)
- Now in that bowl add mustard and poppy seed paste, curd, cumin powder, Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, green chili, chopped onion, mustard oil and little water. Mix them well.
- By the time take another bowl (bigger than earlier one) to heat water
- Now add the fried fish(I have added two pieces of pointed guard which is totally optional) and close the lid and slowly place that container into that water. Cover the pan.
- Cook in a low flame for 15 minutes
- Remove the container from pan, and open the lid of the container carefully.
- Transfer it to serving plate and serve hot with rice