yummy Shahi paneer recipe
yummy Shahi paneer .
shahi paneer is one of the famous traditional recipe of north India which had been preparing since the time of Mughals which was called mughal shahi paneer. But the time has changed slowly and the original mughal recipe becomes Punjabi shahi paneer. which swapped the white gravy from curd and onion by the tomato, cashew nut and spicy red gravy .
Now almost all the states of India are preparing this famous dish in their own style.
yummy Shahi paneer
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 300 gm paneer(Cottage Cheese)
- 2 cardamom
- A small piece of Cinnamon Stick
- Shahi zeera(cumin) 1 tspoon
- Coriander I tspoon
- red chilli -1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ginger-1 inch
- 1/2 cup cashews(7-8 pieces)
- 2 onion
- 2 green chilli
- Turmeric powder one tspoon
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- salt as required
- 1 handful coriander/cilantro/parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 cup water
How to make yummy Shahi paneer
- put a pan on medium flame and heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in it. Add shahi zeera, after 1 minute add chopped onions, cashew, ginger, green chillies and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or onions become light brown in color.
- Then, add the beaten curd and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Let it cool at room temperature then pour it to a mixer jar after adding little turmeric and chili powder and blend it to a thick paste.
- In the same pan fry the paneer cubes lightly for 1-2 minutes (You can skip this step, as many people except North India don’t like raw paneer) and keep aside.
- Now for final preparation add 1 table spoon ghee in the pan, throw whole spices(cardamom and Cinnamon Stick) and add the paste.
- you can Stir-fry for approx. 2-minutes. Then add water and salt, let mixture boil until oil starts to separate.
- Add fresh cream and cook for 2 minutes and add paneer cubes to allow cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Then turn off the flames.Your yummy Shahi paneer is ready.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or tandoori roti.