How to cook Bata macher kalia/ bata fish curry
Bata macher kalia/Bata fish curry
How to cook Bata macher kalia/ bata fish curry is spicy gravy of a small river fish named bata mostly available in India and Bangladesh. The scientific name of bata is Labeo bata.It is one of the very cheap, tasty and healthy fish.
So many recipes we can prepare with bata fish like bata macher sorse posto(fish with grinded master and poppy seeds),alu fulcopy diye bata macher jhol(fish curry with potato and cauliflower),sorse bata diye bata macher jhal(fish with fresh grinded master powder)
Bata macher kalia/ fish curry
Prep Time10 mins; Cook Time20 mins; Total Time ;30 mins
Keyword Bata fish curry, Bata macher kalia
- 8 Bata fish
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Coriander powder-1 tspoon
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 4 garlic clove
- Ginger ,garlic paste –one tspoon
- 4 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp panchforons panch phoron-1/2 t spoon (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni)
- 1 green chili
- Salt to taste
How to make Bata macher kalia/ fish curry
- Wash the fish well. Rub with turmeric powder and salt and keep aside .
- Fry the fish in mustered oil in hot oak/kadai one by one.
- Heat oil in the same pan that is used for frying the fish.
- Now you can add bay leaf, panchforon. Once the seeds start crackling add the onion.
- Now saute the onion for 4-5 minutes over medium flame until the color turns golden brown.
- Now you can add ginger, garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add tomato slices, green chili, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Sauté for a minute.
- Then slowly add water and cover the lid for 3-4 minutes,then open the lid and add the fried fish, and minimize the flame and allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Bata macher kalia/ fish curry is ready to serve. Serve hot steam rice.