I think broccoli dumpling is a great breakfast for those aspirants who are looking for a diet breakfast or snacks. It comes to my mind while preparing momos. Here instead of refined wheat flour I used rice powder and for filling I used broccoli which is the store house of nutrition. Very simple, tasty and healthy recipe. Broccoli gives our body beta-carotene and vitamin –c (equivalent to an orange), vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc too. It helps lower cholesterol levels, prevents cancer and eye health.(refer:https://www.yummyfoodanddiet.com/home/category/diet-recipe/page/3)
Prep Time:10 mins Cook Time:15 mins
Total Time:25 mins
- 1cup rice powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cups warm water
- Broccoli florets 6-7
- Curd-1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tspoon
- salt to taste
- Coriander leaves 100 gm
- Mint 100 gm
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- pinch of salte
- Marinate the broccoli with curd , ginger garlic paste and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the warm water and mix until well-combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6-7 equal parts.
- Lightly flour the surface of dough pieces and roll out 1 piece into a circle roughly 4-inches in diameter.
- Now with the help of your palm put the broccoli florets into the center of the dumpling wrapper and using your fingers, pleat the edges to seal.
- Now place the dumplings one by one into a steamer(momo stemer).
- Steam about 10 minutes and transfer to a serving plate.
- serve hot with coriander mint chatni/sauce(In a grinder put coriander leaves , mint and garlic with a pinch of salt and make a smooth green paste)