How to make mangsher Ghughni/green peas curry
How to make mangsher Ghughni/green peas curry.Ghughni/green peas curry is a Bengali iconic dish with yellow peas. But here I will use green peas as now it is easily available because of winter. I remember in childhood my mother used to prepare it occasionally especially in Bijjoya Dashami. She used to serve those who were coming for Pranam(to give respect to elders).You can find ghughni stalls in any occasion or mela. Mainly it is a vegetarian dish, but you can add mutton keema(minced) with it to enhance the taste which is called mangsher ghughni. I use very little oil and spice for making it healthy.
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook time : 20 minutes
Ingredients of mangsher Ghughni/green peas curry
- Green peas 2 cups
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Mutton keema boiled(minced)-100 gm
- Onion 1 medium (chopped)
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Ginger chopped 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Tomato chopped 1
- cumin powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies slit 2
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
Method of preparing How to make mangsher Ghughni/green peas curry
- · Heat oil in a non stick kadai/pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf and cook 2 minutes for crackling
- · Add mutton keema/ minced and onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- · Add ginger, turmeric powder, tomato and a little water and mix. Sauté till tomato becomes soft and smashed.
- · Add peas and mix well. Add salt, cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- · Add green chillies, garam masala powder and cover and allow it to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve hot with paratha or kochuri.