The dice cut zucchinis and potatoes are stir-fried and then simmered in a thick gravy made with tomatoes, garlic, and ginger and added with shrimp finished in a spicy, warm, cumin, coriander flavored sauce and this makes an Exciting Dish of Zucchini shrimp.
Zucchini comes under exotic vegetables. This is a very low-calorie vegetable and doesn’t contain cholesterol and saturated fats.. It is a rich source of dietary fibers that prevents constipation and shield you from colon cancer. Eating zucchini is also a healthy way to lose weight. ( source;https://www.delybazar.com/blog/health-benefits-of-these-exotic-vegetables.html#:~:text=Zucchini,your%20diet%20and%20stay%20healthy.) It improves heart health, eye health, control diabetes, lowers cholesterol, protects against colon cancer and many more. So we must include this exotic vegetable in our daily food.
A Kadai or a frying pan
A serving plate or bowl
Zucchini-1 (large dice cut)
Green peas-1/2 cup
Tomato- 1(medium size)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Ginger- garlic-1 teaspoon each
Oil-2 tbsp(one for frying the shrimp and the rest for curry)
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
Chili flakes-1/2 spoon
Roasted cumin powder-1/2bsp
Roasted coriander powder-1/2 tbsp
Shredded beetroot-1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Exciting Dish of Zucchini shrimp preparation
Wash all the vegetables and prawns; rub the prawns with turmeric powder and salt and keep them aside
Cut the vegetables into large dice cut
Heat oil in a non-stick pan; drop the shrimps and fry them till they change their color to light brown.
Take them out from the oil and place them on a plate.
In the same oil add the ginger-garlic paste, just stir it
Add the potatoes and stir fry them for 2 minutes
After mixing well the potatoes with ginger-garlic add the zucchini and green peas; cook it for 2 minutes.
Put tomato and green chili and cook for a minute
Add all the spices e.g. Turmeric powder, chili flakes, roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder, and salt.
Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add a cup of water, and mix it well
Cover the lid and allow it to cook for five minutes or till the vegetables are well cooked.
Open the lid and drop the fried shrimp and mix well.
Add shredded beetroot for color.
Take it out from the oven, transfer it to a serving plate; garnish with coriander leaves, and serve with rice or flatbread
Exciting Dish of Zucchini shrimp
- A kadai or a fry pan
- Serving plate
- 1 zucchini, (large dice cut)
- 150 gm shrimps
- 2 potatoes, (largedice cut)
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 2 green chili, chopped
- 1 tomato
- hand full coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp each ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp Roasted coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Shredded beetroot-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash all the vegetables and prawn; rub the prawns withturmeric powder and salt and keep them aside
- Cut the vegetables in large dice cut
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan; drop the shrimps and fry themtill they change their colour to light brown.
- Take them out from the oil and place them in a plate.
- In the same oil add the ginger-garlic paste, juststir it
- Addthe potatoes and stir fry it for 2 minutes
- After mixing well the potatoes with ginger-garlic add thezucchini and green peas; cook it for 2 minutes.
- Put tomato and green chili and cook for a minute
- Add all the spices e.g. Turmeric powder, chili flakes,roasted cumin powder, roasted coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of water, and mix it well
- Cover the lid and allow it cook for five minutes or tillthe vegetables are well cooked.
- Open the lid and drop the fried shrimps and mix well.
- Add shredded beetroot for color.
- Take it out from the oven, transfer into serving plate ;garnishwith coriander leaves and serve.