Flavoursome Ol Chingri (Prawns with Elephant Foot Yam)
When we talk about ol, the first dish will come to our mind that is Flavoursome Ol Chingri (Prawns with Elephant Foot Yam). Other recipe we can make it with ol are ol sedhho(ol bharta/ol bhate/ol makha) and oler dalna(Elephant Foot Yam curry)
Elephant Foot Yam/ol is a very healthy vegetable. It helps to lowering cholesterol, prevent cancer, boost immunity, slow down ageing, detoxification and control diabetes.
- Elephant foot yam -(ol) 250 gm
- Medium size(bagda) prawn :100 gm
- oil(mustered): 3 spoon
- ginger garlic paste :1 t spoon each
- chopped tomato :1(medium)
- chopped onion :1 medium
- chili, coriander, turmeric & cumin powder:1t spoon each
- garam masala:1/4 t spoon
- cow ghee 1/2 spoon
- salt for taste
How to make Flavoursome Ol Chingri (Prawns with Elephant Foot Yam)
- wash ol thoroughly, and cut into big cubes and boil it in a pressure cooker with a little bit of salt.
- clean prawns properly and marinate with salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes and sauté it & keep aside.
- Now in the same pot(kadai) put oil, fry the ol and keep aside
- Then add the chopped onion in the same oil and keep cooking till golden brown
- Add garlic ginger paste, chopped tomato & cook for 2 minutes
- Now you can add all the masala powder and cook for 2 minutes. Then add salt and some water (1 cup),now slowly add ol and the prawns,and cover the lid and cook it for 5 minutes in low flame or till the oil starts separating the gravy.
- Open the lid , add ghee & garam masala & serve it hot with steam rice.
Conclusion: You can make this recipe without adding prawn also if you don’t like prawn, in that case the procedure will be the same ,just you have to omit that part.