How to cook Bora diye enchorer torkari/jackfruit curry
By preparing the same type of jack fruit curry daily our taste buds are becoming dull. so by little twisting the curry we make havoc change in taste.We have seen earlier how to make jack fruit curry(https://www.yummyfoodanddiet.com/mouth-watering-jackfruit-curry-recipe-enchorer-torkari), in that curry we are adding the lentils fritters, and this is How to cook Bora diye enchorer torkari/jack fruit curry.
- Jack fruit one medium size (1 kg)
- 150 g chholar dal (split Bengal gram, overnight soaked)
- A pinch of asafetida
- Onion -2 bigger
- Ginger garlic paste-2 spoon (fresh grind)
- Tomato- 2
- Oil-2 teaspoon
- Green chili 2-3(as per hotness)
- Turmeric, coriander and cumin powder-1 table spoon each
- Bay leaf-2
- Ghee-1/2 tspoon
- panch phoron-1/2 t spoon (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni)
- garam masala -1 /2 tea spoon
- salt to taste
How to cook Bora diye enchorer torkari/jackfruit curry :
- Grind chholar dal (split Bengal gram, overnight soaked)
- Mix 1 tbsp ginger paste, asafetida, turmeric powder, and 1 green chili & make batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- With the help of hand fry the bora and keep aside.
- cut the jackfruit with the help of some oil and boil it in a pressure cooker for one whistle, and keep aside
- Heat oil in a hard bottom pan, after heating 2 tbsp of oil, add some panchphoron seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add finely chopped onions and cook until the onions start changing color to light brown. Add ginger, garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Add all spices powder and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes or till the raw smell of the spice goes off. Add a cup of water& allow it to cook for 2 minutes or Cook this until the oil starts coming to the surface.
- Then add boiled jackfruit and cook for another five minutes then add bora(Lentil fritters)and slowly mix it with the gravy and cover the lid with low flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, add ghee and garam masala.
- Serve with rice or parotha/naan.