How to make chicken lajawab
The marinated chicken are fried and then simmered in a thick gravy made with tomatoes,onions curd and ginger and finished in a warm, spicy, cumin laced sauce, this is How to make chicken lajawab
- 500 gm chicken
- Garlic ginger paste-2 tablespoon
- red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
- kashmiri mirch-1 tspoon
- yoghurt (curd)-1/3 cup
- green chilli-2
- cooking oil-4 tablespoon
- coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- tomato-2(medium and chopped)
- turmeric-2 teaspoon
- cumin powder-1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder-1 teaspoon
- salt as required
Method of preparing to make chicken lajawab
- Wash the chicken nicely and marinate it for 20 minutes by adding ginger garlic paste, yoghurt (half portion), 1 tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp Kashmiri mirch and salt.
- Heat oil in a hard bottom pan and fry the chicken till golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same pan, after heating 2 tbsp of oil, add some cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add finely chopped onions and cook until the onions start changing color to light brown. Add ginger, garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Add all spices powder and chopped tomatoes and left over curds. Cook this until the oil starts coming to the surface.
- Now you can add the fried chicken pieces, and cook for three to four minutes, then add 1 cup of water and cover. Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes or until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Take out from the burner and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and garam masala.
- Your chicken lajawab is ready for serving with tandori roti or naan.