Chicken tikka masala is a very popular and famous recipe in India; you can either prepare it in a pre heated oven or in a gas burner. You have to marinate the chicken, fry or grilled it and mix it with onion tomato gravy; this is How to make Chicken Tikka Masala. It goes well with pulao or roti.
Author: Abhijit Mukhopadhyay
Cuisine: North Indian
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
For marinateing chicken
- 500 grams Chicken , ( small size pieces )
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 teaspoon Cumin,turmeric and coriander powder each
- 5-6 cloves Garlic ( paste)
- 1 inch Ginger (paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Onion (bigger size and chopped)-01
- Tomato (chopped)-01
- 1 teaspoon Cumin ,and coriander and turmeric powder each
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon and cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Cooking oil-1/2 cup (including for chicken fry)
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- First thoroughly clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- To marinate the Chicken, in a bowl add yogurt, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, chili powder and salt along with chicken for a minimum of one hour.
- Now take a hard bottomed pan, add 2 teaspoon oil and cook marinated chicken pieces.
- Now for gravy heat 1 teaspoon oil and butter,add cloves followed by onion and cook until it becomes translucent .(butter is added with oil to avoid burning of butter)
- Add tomatoes and cook them for two minutes.
- Then add cumin, turmeric, coriander, Cinnamon and cardamom and powder and mix them well.
- Now if the gravy becomes little thick then add cream, the fried chicken pieces and salt .
- Simmer the chicken tikka masala for about 5 minutes.
- Switch off heat and garnish the chicken tikka masala with mint leaves .
- Serve hot with naan or tandori roti.