How to make yummy suji ka halwa/pudding made with ghee (clarified butter), sugar, sooji (semolina), and water.
I don’t think, any other dessert is there which can be made fastest than suji ka halwa. In my childhood two popular sweets, my mother used to make i.e. suji ka halwa and other one is payesh means kheer or flavored rice pudding. These two are very popular and tasty sweets in India which are prepared very frequently almost in every house. During festive seasons these sweets are offered to God also. In suji ka halwa the main ingredients are sugar, water, Ghee (clarified butter) and suji, but the ingredients differ place to place and the name also. Here I am using water.
Author: Abhijit Mukhopadhyay
Level of cooking: Easy
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Sugar 75-80 grams,
- Water 200 ml
- Ghee- 100 grams
- sooji (semolina) -100 grams,
- 10-12 whole cashew, almond, kismis cut into small pieces
- A pinch of cardamom powder
How to make yummy suji ka halwa
• Take a hard bottomed pan, on medium heat add ghee and let the ghee melt. Then add sooji and stir. Add the dry fruits and stir it continuously.
• Stirring continuously, roast the sooji on low heat. Stir for around 5-6 minutes on low heat. As soon as the sooji begins to change the color, then add the water and add sugar; stir it continuously, otherwise it may stick with the pan.
• Add cardamom powder and continue to stir. Don’t allow to form any lumps.
• Keep stirring, slowly the liquid evaporates and the suji thicken up, and this is the time you have to whisk very fast. Then switch off the burner and take it out from it and place it in the serving plate.
• Garnish with dry fruits and enjoy sooji halwa.