How to make Phulkopi bori diye Gurjali Mach er Jhol/Indian Salmon fish curry with cauliflower and Sun dried lentil dumpling
Gurjali fish is a very light and delicate like pabda and kajli having only one bone in the center, but it has the scale. So I don’t want to kill its taste by using onion and garlic, I will make today a very less spicy gurjali macher jhol with veggies.
|Author: Abhijit Mukhopadhyay|
|Level of cooking: medium|
|Preparation time: 20 minutes|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 50 minutes|
- Gurjali / Indian Salmon – 300g
- Bori(sundried lentil dumpling)-1/2 cup .
- Potato- 1
- Cauliflower- 1 (small sized)
- Brinjal- 1(small)
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Kalo zire/black cumin – ¼ tsp( not kalingi /onion seeds) for tempering
- Slitted green chillies- 5-6
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin powder- 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil- 3 tsp
How to make Phulkopi bori diye Gurjali Mach er Jhol
- First clean and wash the fish thoroughly.
- Cut into equal pieces and rub with turmeric powder and salt, keep aside.
- Take a hard bottomed pan or kadai, heat oil in a smoking point then put it in medium flame.
- Fry all the fish chunks in two or three stages and keep aside.
- In an another pan fry the bories/(sundried lentil dumpling) and keep aside.
- Cut all the veggies in medium size.
- In the same oil put black cumin for tempering.
- Once settled down, add potatoes.
- Then add cauliflower, brinjal and tomato anf fry it for two minutes.
- Add ginger paste, turmeric powder, salt and cumin powder; stir it for 2-3 minutes, a nice aroma will come out from adaa-zire (ginger-cumin powder) fry, this the time to add water and cover the lid to allow the veggies to boil.
- After 8-10 minutes open the lid and add the fish chunks and mix it well with the curry and allow it cook in medium flame for another two minutes.
- Then make the flame low and add the bories and mixed it softly.
- Switch off the flame.
- Garnish and serve with rice, have it with great satisfaction.