How to make tasty prawn banana
How to make tasty prawn banana? What else is required if Bengalis got prawn in begun potol diye kanchakolar torkari (raw banana curry with eggplant and pointed guard. Prawn banana is a very tasty and nutritious recipe, anybody let it be a heart patient or diabetic can take this tasty prawn banana with roti /Indian flat bread or rice(they can take this without prawn and garam masala if they wish).
Preparation time is 30 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes
Total time :30 minutes
Midiumm size prawn(bagda)-6-8 pices
Pointed guard 2-3 piecies
Potato-1 medium size
Ginger garlic paste-1 spoon(fresh grind)
red chili 2 (as per hotness)
Turmeric, coriander and cumin powder-1 table spoon each
garam masala -1 /2 tea spoon
panch phoron-1/2 t spoon (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni)
salt to taste
method of prawn banana recipe
First fry the prawns in little oil to change the color to light orange and keep aside.
• Then boil the raw bananas in a pressure cooker, and keep aside.
•Now wash and take out the skin of the pointed guards and cut it into round shape(cut into three pieces horizontally),and also peel out the skin of potatoes. cut the brinjals and potatoes little big piecies.
• Now take a pan or kadai add panch phoron in the heated oil and add onions to fry till color changes to light brown.
• You can add ginger ,garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes, then add brinjals, potatoes and pointed guards and cook for 2 minutes.
Now you can add turmeric, coriander and cumin powder and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add salt and cover the lid, allow it to cook for 5 minutes or till gravy becomes thick.
• Now add prawn and garam masala, cook for 2 minutes and take out from burner and add ghee.
• Serve hot with steam rice