How to make tasty prawn banana
How to make tasty prawn bananas? What else is required if Bengalis got prawn in begun potol diye kanchakolar torkari (raw banana curry with eggplant and pointed guard. Prawn banana is a very tasty and nutritious recipe, anybody let it be a heart patient or diabetic can take this tasty prawn banana with roti /Indian flatbread or rice(they can take this without prawn and garam masala if they wish).
Preparation time is 30 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
Medium size prawn(bagda)-6-8 pieces
Pointed guard 2-3 pieces
Potato-1 medium size
Ginger garlic paste-1 spoon(fresh grind)
red chili 2 (as per hotness)
Turmeric, coriander, and cumin powder-1 tablespoon each
garam masala -1 /2 teaspoon
panchphoron-1/2 t spoon (It comprises mouri (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), kaalo jeere (black cumin seeds), zeera(cumin seeds), and a typically Bengali spice, called radhuni)
salt to taste
method of prawn banana recipe
First, fry the prawns in little oil to change the color to light orange and keep them aside.
• Then boil the raw bananas in a pressure cooker, cut them into small pieces, and keep them aside.
•Now wash and take out the skin of the pointed guards and cut it into a round shape(cut into three pieces horizontally), and also peel out the skin of the potatoes. cut the brinjals and potatoes into little big pieces.
• Now take a pan or kadai add panchphoron to the heated oil and add onions to fry until the color changes to light brown.
• Add ginger, and garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes, then add brinjals, potatoes, and pointed guards and cook for 2 minutes.
Now add turmeric, coriander, and cumin powder and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add salt and cover the lid, allow it to cook for 5 minutes or till the gravy becomes thick.
• Now add boiled raw banana, prawn, and garam masala cook for 2 minutes take out from the burner and add ghee.
• Serve hot with steamed rice