Amazing Enchor Do-Pyaza Recipe is nothing but a kathal or jackfruit curry as mutton do pyaza style. The jackfruit chunks are simmered in a thick gravy made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger and sometimes added with potatoes finished in a warm, spicy, cumin, coriander flavored sauce.
Do Pyaza is normally prepared using any type of meat or vegetable. Like mutton do pyaza. Here also we used onion in two stages; in stage one onion is finely chopped. When kathal is almost prepared then we use the second stage of onion which is roughly big chunks. As a Bengali here I used potato which makes the gravy much more flavorful, but if want you can skip it.
Main equipment required
- Wok/fry pan
- Serving plate
- Mixing bowl
- Jackfruit-500 gm
- Onion-2 bigger ones (One I finely chopped for the first stage and another one is big chunks)
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbsp each
- Oil-3 tbsp(1 tbsp for tempering the second stage)
- Tomato-1 chopped
- Potato-3 (cut in two halves)
- Bay leaves-2
- Cinnamon-1” stick
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tbsp
- Chili flakes-1/2 tbsp
How to make Amazing Enchor Do-Pyaza Recipe
Cut the jackfruit in a cubic shape and keep it aside.
Cut the potatoes into two halves and fry them in a hard bottom pan/wok and keep aside.
In the same oil add all the whole spices and fry it for two minutes or till the fine aroma starts coming.
Add finely chopped onions and fry it little, do not wait for changing color.
Add ginger-garlic paste and fry it for 2-3 minutes
Then add jackfruit chunks followed by tomatoes and other spices. e.g. turmeric, roasted cumin, chili flakes, and salt.
Mix and cook well for 5 minutes
Now add the potatoes and cook for another two minutes
Add 1 cup of water and cover the lid; allow it to cook for 12-15 minutes
By that time take a tadka pan(for tempering), heat oil, put some cumin seeds, and dry chili for tempering
As they splutter and sizzle add the big chunks of onions.
Now after 15 minutes open the lid and pour the tadka (onions with cumin and dry chili)
Now take it out from the oven, add coriander leaves for garnishing
Serve hot with rice or roti.
Amazing Enchor Do-Pyaza Recipe
- Serving plate
- A kadai or a fry pan
- mixing bowl
- 500 gm Jackfruit
- 2 bigger one Onion-2 big(one is finely chopped for firststage and another one is big chunks)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlicpaste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tomato
- 3 potato
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 1" cinamom
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- Cut the jackfruit in a cubic shape and keep aside.
- Cutthe potatoes in two halves and fry it in a hard bottom pan/wok and keepaside.
- In the same oil add all the whole spices and fry it for twominutes or till the fine aroma starts coming.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry it little, do not wait forchanging color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry it for 2-3 minutes
- Then add jackfruit chunks followed by tomatoes and otherspices .e.g. turmeric, roasted cumin , chili flakes and salt.
- Mix and cook well for 5 minutes
- Now add the potatoes and cook for another two minutes
- Add 1 cup of water and cover the lid; allow it to cook for12-15 minutes
- By the time take a tadka pan(for tempering) , heat oil, putsome cumin seeds and dry chili fortempering
- As they splutter and sizzle add thebig chunks of onions.
- Now after 15 minutes open the lidand pour the tadka (onions with cumin and dry chili)
- Now take it out from the oven, addcoriander leaves for garnishingServe hot with rice or roti.