Methir saag diye Zucchini
How to make an Exciting Dish of Zucchini Fenugreek greens? This is a totally healthy diet recipe that is also very simple to prepare and this tasty recipe goes well with hot piping rice and dal. The big dice cut Zucchini is stir-fried in very less oil along with fresh chopped garlic, the dice cut eggplant and finished with chopped methi/fenugreek greens leaves added with very less spices (only turmeric powder).
Zucchini and methi are very rich in many nutrients, high in antioxidants, lowers blood sugar level, and improves heart health and vision. From the dietitian’s perspective, you can include this recipe as a healthy diet. You can prepare many Indian dishes with this exotic vegetables like Zucchini shrimp, Zucchini curry, etc. Zucchini, also called courgette, is a variety of squash in the gourd family.
Methi/ Fenugreek greens-250 gm
Egg plant-300 gm/one bigger
Fresh garlic -5 cloves
Zucchini-500 gm/one and half
Turmeric powder-1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Exciting Dish of Zucchini Fenugreek greens
Wash all the vegetables
Big dice cut Zucchini and eggplant and chop the garlic
Wash and Chop the methi and put it in the water.
Heat oil in a Kadai/wok, add cumin for tempering
Add chopped garlic and stir it for a minute
Now drop the dice cut zucchini and eggplant; stir fry it for two minutes
Add turmeric powder, chopped green chili, and salt; mix it and cook for another 2 minutes
Add chopped methi/fenugreek green and mix it properly and cover it for 5 minutes, don’t add water, because the methi leaves the water, which is sufficient to cook the curry.
Open the lid, stir it and take it out of the oven.
Serve hot with hot piping rice.
Exciting Dish of Zucchini Fenugreek greens
- Serving plate
- 250 gm Methi/Fenugreek greens
- 2 tbsp oil
- 300 gm egg plant /big dice cut
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 500 gm zucchini /big dice cut
- 2 Green chili chopped
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- Wash all the vegetables
- Big dice cut Zucchini and egg plant and chop the garlic
- Wash and Chop the methi and put it in the water.
- Heat oil in a kadai/wok, add cumin for tempering
- Add chopped garlic and stir it for a minute
- Now drop the dice cut zucchini and egg plant; stir fry it for two minutes
- Add turmeric powder, chopped green chili and salt; mix itand cook for another 2 minutes
- Add chopped methi/fenugreek green and mix it properly andcover it for 5 minutes, don’t add water, because the methi leaves water, whichis sufficient to cook the curry.
- Open the lid, stir it and take it out from the oven.Serve hot with hot piping rice.