Indian Tuna fish curry Recipe is a very healthy and delicious recipe. In Calcutta tuna is available in winter, so as this one is my favorite fish, every week I purchase a large quantity. The throne is also very less in this fish. As per the doctor, this fish is heart-friendly also. Tuna is very low in calories and fat, which makes it an almost pure-protein food. Additionally, tuna is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which fight inflammation. It also rich in selenium and Vitamin D which can fight against osteoporosis. A lot of people who are on a weight loss diet will turn to tuna because of its high level of protein – 3 oz of albacore tuna has 20g of protein but only about 100 calories. If you’re trying to emphasize protein intake, then make sure to choose tuna canned in water, not oil.
Is tuna salad healthy?
The most popular way to prepare tuna is to make a tuna salad. the ingredients contained in most recipes undermine many of the nutritional benefits of the fish. To lower the fat content in your tuna salad, replace the mayonnaise with yogurt for a fresh, slightly sour taste.
How to make Indian Tuna fish curry Recipe
• tuna fish-1/2 kg
• Oil – 2 tbsp + for frying
• cumin powder-1 tsp
red chili powder-1 tsp
• coriander powder-1 tsp
• turmeric powder-2 tsp
• garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
• lemon juice-1/2tsp
• tamarind pulp-½ inch
• fresh coriander leaves
Preparation of Indian Tuna fish curry Recipe
• Cut the fish into pieces, put a little salt, turmeric powder, and lemon juice, and keep aside.
• Let it marinate for 30 mins.
• Take a nonstick pan, and put 2-3 t spoon oil.
• Fry it in hot oil till light brown on both sides. Don’t over fry it.
• In the same oil, put minced onions and tomato.
• Cook till onion is soft and tomato is pulpy.
• Then add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and tamarind pulp socked water.
• Mix well. Let masala get cooked on slow fire. Add water to make gravy and salt to taste.
• Add fish and let it boil for 2 mnts.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice
Though it is tasty and rich in food value, we should avoid taking more as it is having little percentage of lead.
Indian Tuna fish curry Recipe
- mixing bowl
- A kadai or a fry pan
- 1/2 kg tuna fish
- 1 Onion
- 1 tomato
- 2 tsp termeric powder
- 1 cumin powder
- coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 inch tamarind pulp
- 1 lemon
- 12 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp +frying oil
- Cut the fish into pieces, put little salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and keep aside.
- Let it marinate for 30 mins.
- Take a nonstick pan, put 2-3 t spoon oil.
- Fry it in hot oil till light brown on both sides. Don’t over fry it.
- In the same oil, put minced onions and tomato.
- Cook till onion is soft and tomato is pulpy.
- Then add red chili,coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and tamarind pulp socked water.
- Mix well. Let masala get cooked on slow fire. Add water to make gravy and salt to taste.
- add fish and let it boil for 2 minitues
- garniish with coriander leaves and serve with rice