How to make delicious paneer korma
Korma or qorma is a popular dish that originated in India, containing meat or vegetables braised with curd, cashew paste, and spices to produce thick gravy or sauce. The technique incorporates many different styles of korma. The taste of a korma is based on a mixture of spices, like cardamom, cinnamon, and coriander combined with curd incorporated slowly and carefully with the meat or paneer or any other vegetables. Korma curry is not only super delicious, but also a thing of beauty for its super versatility, as you can make anything like mutton korma, chicken korma, prawn korma or any vegetable korma including paneer korma, jackfruit korma, and it can be served with any kind of rice, roti or bread. Korma is a mild, creamy gravy or curry that is spiced not for heat but for flavor.
Paneer korma is a famous and popular dish of India having a rich and succulent taste that you will enjoy galloping. It can be enjoyed with rotis, parathas, or rice. In this recipe, fried and crunchy paneer cubes are dropped in thick sauce or gravy, mixed in spices and tomato-cashew paste, this is how to make delicious paneer korma.
How To Make Delicious Paneer Korma?
- 1 blender
- 1 kadaior a fry pan
- 1 Gas Stove
- 1 Spatula
- 200 gm Paneer Cubes
- 50 gm Cashew Nuts
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 pc Chopped Onion
- bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 pc tomato
- 4 tbsp curd
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander Powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Take a tawa or wok, put jeera or cumin, bay leafand cardamom, cinnamon and cashews, heat the wok and roast for 2-3 minutes andallow them to cool in room temperature. put it in a blender and grind it.Keepaside.
- Next, add 2 tbsp oil, heat it, then add gratedonion in the same wok and fry it till it turns golden brown and allow it tocool room temperature, keep aside. Blend it with tomao and make a smooth paste.
- In the same wok put the paneer cubes to fry little,only for two to three minute and keep aside. Idea is to remove the raw smell ofthe paneer .
- Take a kadai or a fry pan, add oil and heat it,then add ginger-garlic paste, stir it for two minutes then, again the onion-tomatopaste, stir it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now you can add the curd and mix it properly,stir it continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Now this is the time to add the cashews andother spices powder , red chili powder, coriander powderand salt. Again cook itfor 2 minutes then drop the fried paneer cubes, stir it for a minute and coverthe lid, allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Open the lid, see the consistency of the kormagravy, throw some coriander leaves and turn off the gas knob.
- Take it out from the oven, transfer it toserving plate and serve with rice, paratha or roti.
A Kadai or a frying pan
A pressure cooker
Ingredients of paneer korma
- Paneer Cubes-200gm(Indian cottage cheese)
- Handful of Cashew Nuts
- Oil For Cooking-2 tbsp
- Water As Required
- 1 tbsp coriander Seeds
- Cardamom-2 black
- Cinnamon-1 inch
- Bay Leaf-2
- Chopped Onion-2
- Salt- As Per Taste
- Curd-2 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste-2Tbsp
- Red Chili Powder-1/2 tbsp
- Cumin -1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder-1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Instructions step by step
Take a Tawa or wok, put jeera or cumin, bay leaf and cardamom, cinnamon, and cashews, heat the wok and roast for 2-3 minutes, and allow them to cool at room temperature. put it in a blender and grind it. Keep aside.
Next, add 2 tbsp oil, heat it, then add grated onion in the same wok and fry it till it turns golden brown and allow it to cool to room temperature, keep aside. Blend it with tomato and make a smooth paste.
In the same wok put the paneer cubes to fry a little, only for two to three minutes, and keep aside. The idea is to remove the raw smell of the paneer.
Take a kadhai or a frying pan, add oil, and heat it, then add ginger-garlic paste, stir it for two minutes then, again the onion-tomato paste, stir it for 3-4 minutes.
Now you can add the curd and mix it properly, stirring it continuously for 3-4 minutes.
Now, this is the time to add the cashews and other spices powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Again cook it for 2 minutes then drop the fried paneer cubes, stir it for a minute and cover the lid, allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Open the lid, see the consistency of the korma gravy, throw some coriander leaves and turn off the gas knob.